Many of us as purpose-driven entrepreneurs are looking for ways to find efficiencies for things we can offload off of our plates so that our time can be used on less on administration and project coordination and more on the high-level, CEO priority items that will really help us move the needle. And one of those ways is working with an assistant.
However, we as purpose-driven entrepreneurs oftentimes don’t think about the role of an assistant in the right way: we rush through the hiring process, we don’t onboard correctly, or we work with our assistant ineffectively.
So today, I’m taking you behind-the-scenes at Rank & File Magazine to share how I work with my assistant — from how I’ve hired and trained her to the ins-and-outs of how we structure our work together each and every day.
To make this conversation even more helpful to you, I’ve also asked my assistant herself, Amanda Martinez, to join me for today’s episode. She is going to share her perspective and advice from experience on the role of an assistant and some of the practical tools you can use to set your own assistant up for success.
I had such a great time discussing what’s worked for us and what we’re still trying to master! It’s all in this behind-the-scenes episode of the Rank & File Podcast with Rank & File’s Managing Assistant Editor, Amanda Martinez.
In Today’s podcast episode, you’ll learn:
- Why assistants are one of the most important members of any team
- Why most people have ineffective assistants because of their mindset around “outsourcing”
- What a bad, good and great hiring process looks like for getting the perfect assistant
- How to onboard and train your assistant
- Tips on how to communicate with your assistant in an effective way