Podcast: Play in new window | Download
Whether you are just getting started with your business or you are years in, it’s important that you have financial literacy as a founder.
Today, I am joined by Stephanie Skryzowski, Chief Financial Officer and Founder & CEO of 100 Degrees Consulting, which helps purpose-driven leaders better understand and use their numbers to make smart business decisions.
In our conversation, we talk all about what you do and don’t need to know from a financial perspective for your business, the three reports you must have, and the financial details you need to pay attention to, to make sure you are not operating in the red and that you continue to grow your revenue and your social impact at the same time.
In Today’s podcast episode, you’ll learn:
- What most founders/CEOs struggle with the most when it comes to financials
- The financial details we do and do not need to be focusing on monthly
- The 3 most important monthly reports and the simple metrics we need to look at inside these reports (simplified!)
- When is the best time to hire out accounting help with finances
- Stephanie’s online recommended accounting tools
- What we should look for in an accounting agency
Important links from this episode:
Stephanie’s Free Excel Template for Forecasting Cash Flow
100 Degrees Consulting
Three Simple Reports to Avoid Financial Peril and Build Founder Financial Literacy By Stephanie Skryzowski — Issue #15 Rank & File Magazine